Sweet Potato Waffles
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 250g sweet potato (2 large sweet potatoes)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A handful of chopped coriander (or parsley)
- 1/4tsp red chili flakes
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 2.5” long chunks and spiralise using Zyliss SpiraSlice thin noodles blade.
- In a medium size frying pan heat up 1tbsp olive oil. Fry the noodles for 3-5 minutes until just softened but still a little crunchy. Set aside and cool down for 5 minutes or so.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add smoked paprika, salt & pepper, chopped coriander and red chilli flakes and whisk again. Add cooled sweet potato noodles into the egg mixture and mix well to ensure all the noodles are well coated.
- Heat up the waffle iron and grease with a little oil (you can use cooking rings instead of the waffle iron and cook the noodles in a frying pan). Scoop the sweet potato noodle mixture into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Serve the waffles with sliced avocado, fried egg and a side salad.