Spiralized Beetroot Salad with parsley pesto & mozzarella
Prep: 30 mins
For beetroot salad:
4 medium-sized beetroots
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- Salt & and freshly ground pepper
- 150g mozzarella ball, drained and torn into small pieces (or 150g of Vegan Mozzarella)
- 3-4 walnut halves, roughly chopped
- Few fresh parsley leaves to garnish
For parsley pesto:
- 75g walnut halves
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 25g fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g grated Parmesan (or 50g of grated Vegan Parmesan)
- 10-12 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- Wash the beetroots, top and tail them and spiralise using Zyliss SpiraSlice.
- Place the spiralised beetroot in a serving bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and rapeseed oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- To prepare the parsley pesto, combine all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor and pulse for a couple of minutes. Whilst the motor is still running, start adding the oil very slowly. Process until you reach the desired consistency – you want it smooth but still a little gritty to keep its crunch - you might not need to add all the oil. Taste pesto and adjust the seasoning, if required. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the mozzarella pieces to the spiralised beetroot and toss gently to mix. Dot with some of the pesto and scatter over the chopped walnuts. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve with the rest of the pesto on the side.
Any left-over pesto will keep in the fridge for a few days.