Easy Huevos Rancheros
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15-20 mins
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 400g cans of tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Warmed tortillas, guacamole and yogurt or sour cream, to serve
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red and green peppers and 2 tbsp water. Cook stirring for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Stir in the paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- With the back of a spoon, make six indentations in the tomato sauce. Gently crack an egg into each one. Season the eggs with salt and pepper then cover the pan with the glass lid. Cook for 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Scatter the coriander over the dish. Serve on warm tortillas with guacamole and yogurt or sour cream.