Vegetarian BBQ skewers
by Sofia Gallo @in_cucinacon_sofia
To celebrate seasonal produce but also vegetarian food, I think you will find these quick skewers delicious and a great addition to any salads. I accompanied mine with lentil, mint and feta cheese salad great for summer.
Prep: 10 min
Grill: 3 min either side
Difficulty Super easy
Makes 6 skewers
1 pack of halloumi cheese
- 1 courgette
- Sweet chilli sauce – optional
- A pack of ready cooked lentils – canned or in pouch
- Feta cheese to taste
- Handful of mint leaves
For the dressing:
2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare your skewers by thinly slicing the courgettes using the mandoline and cutting the halloumi cheese into cubes.
- Alternate these on each skewer and brush in olive oil.
- Grill on the BBQ for 3 minutes each side and season with the sweet chilli sauce if using. You can also prepare the skewers on a griddle pan and grill the halloumi cheese only. Alternate with ribbons of raw courgettes and season.
- For the lentil salad, prepare your vinaigrette, chop the mint leaves and add to your lentils. Sprinkle with feta cheese for extra flavour and serve.
You can marinate the courgette slices in the dressing or chilli sauce and you will notice that these will be a little softer to handle