Radicchio and Gorgonzola Baked Risotto
Our guest blogger and MasterChef UK contestant Sofia Gallo @in_cucinacon_sofia shares this delicious recipe for Zyliss UK. Give it a go yourself and show off your results using #sophiagalloXzyliss
Sophie says: "I absolutely love a dinner party and once you try this recipe, you would want to try it again with different combination of flavours. The baked risotto will give you a great opportunity to enjoy your guests and the party, and still impress with a faultless and al dente dish."
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 160 g of carnaroli rice
- ½ shallot finely chopped
- 25g butter
- ½ glass of white wine - optional
- 100g Gorgonzola cheese
- 120g radicchio
- 500ml vegetable broth
- grated parmesan to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6 or 200 C°
- To an oven proof dish, add the butter and shallot and soften.
- Add the rice and toast for about two minutes. If using the wine, pour now and let the alcohol burn off.
- Add the radicchio, the vegetable stock, give the rice a shake and place in the oven covering the dish with a tight lid.
- After 15 minutes, take the casserole dish out, add the gorgonzola and place back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- Before serving, add grated parmesan and enjoy.
- Use carnaroli rice as oppose to rice. Carnaroli is a thinner and elongated grain and will keep the bite and will not overcook.
- Prepare in advance and reheat when you are ready to serve.
- You can add thyme and walnuts for an additional flavour note.