Pan-fried sprouts with bacon, almonds and rosemary
Serves: 4 (as a side dish)
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 500g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g butter
- 25g whole blanched almonds
- 100g bacon lardons
- Handful fresh rosemary sprigs
- Par- boil the sprouts in a saucepan of lightly salted water for 3-4 minutes until almost tender. Drain thoroughly and refresh under cold water then pat dry with kitchen paper (see Tips).
- Heat a Zyliss Ulitmate Frying Pan over a medium-high heat. Add the bacon lardons and fry for 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove and set aside. Add the butter, sprouts and almonds to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are golden and just tender.
- Return the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring for a further minute. Serve from the pan garnished with the rosemary sprigs and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.
Add a drizzle of honey or agave syrup and a splash of balsamic vinegar to the pan for extra flavour, if liked.
Refreshing the par-boiled sprouts under cold water will stop them cooking any further before you add them to the frying pan.